A 20-year-old woman from Ottawa was recently admitted to the hospital with a severe allergic reaction after she went to a beauty salon to have fake eyelashes applied. The doctors said that the woman might be allergic to the glue estheticians use to apply the eyelashes.
Fake Eyelashes Sends Woman Straight to the Hospital
Isabelle Kun had fright of her life when she discovered that her face was all swollen up, making it difficult for her to see or breath. The woman recalls visiting the Sara Beauty iLash Lounge to have fake eyelashes applied, and the session went on without any incidents.
Still, Kun remembers asking her esthetician about what kind of glue she uses to apply the fake eyelashes, to which the woman told her that she doesn’t know and that she’ll probably have no problem with it.
However, the very next day the woman woke up with her face swollen and she had difficulties breathing and seen. Kun declared that she was with her girlfriend when she discovered the aftermath of her beauty salon appointment.
The woman was rushed to the nearest emergency room where the doctors admitted her. After a few days of antihistamine pills and IV steroids, Kun was released home. Still, she’s not of the woods yet, as she still must take antihistamine pills.
Although the doctors assured Kun that she’s not in any danger and that the swelling will go away, the woman believes that there’s no visible improvement and that her face looks more swollen than before.
Sara Du, the beauty salon’s owner, has commented on Kun’s incident and declared that her spa could perform on-demand allergy tests. However, miss Kun was unaware of this choice and of the fact that one can develop an allergic reaction to the glue used to fix fake eyelashes.
Image source: Wikipedia