Capitalberg warmly welcomes you to our online news media outlet and reaffirms its commitment to respecting your privacy and information during the course of your enjoyment of the Services we put at your disposal. Please consult or Terms of Service Agreement to become acquainted with the rules and regulations that govern your use and access to the services.
- What types of information is collected
- How that information is used
- How that information is disclosed
- The privacy of children
- The security of your data
- Information about third party content and links
- Cookies, web beacons and other tracking software
- Opt-out choices
What types of information do we collect?
This document will address a multitude of data and information that may be collected upon your access to the website and your use of the Services.
Non-personally identifiable information is passively collected (by our servers) and refers to specific technical information that is automatically harvested about the personal computer, laptop or mobile device that you use when accessing the services or interacting with us. This type of information includes (but is not limited to): internet service provider information, hardware type and model, operating system information, IP address, device manufacturer and identifier, browser type and details, content previously viewed on our services, other pages viewed prior to accessing our websites and after your access of our services, particular ads featured on our services that you access or click on, page visit duration, page visit time, etc.
Information may also be collected via a multitude of publicly available sources, in which case, both we and our service providers may use that information and combine it in order to improve the services that we provide to you.
How your information is used
Despite the fact that our ultimate goal when collecting your information is that of providing you with an improved experience and a better, more suited service, we may use that information for other purposes, as presented below:
- Improving your overall experience of the website and the services, content and materials being put at your disposal;
- Solving certain requests on your behalf or providing you with the services and products that you have requested;
- Providing you with the information you are interested in, be it about goods or services;
- Providing you with a personalized experience when using the website and our Services based on the information we collect pertaining to your interests and demographics;
- Performing administrative and maintenance tasks;
- Ascertaining your eligibility to certain promotions or contests;
- Conducting statistical analyses as to our audience, their preferences, interests and other information;
- Analyzing the way you respond to our communications;
- Creating aggregate, anonymous and compiled information about how you choose to use our services and interact with them;
- Keeping that information safe;
- Providing our advertisers with information that may allow them to better understand our readership and provide them with ads tailored to their areas of interest;
- Detecting potential fraud, intellectual property infringement, Service misuse or violations of the law and our Terms of Service.
When do We Disclose Your Information
Similarly to when we collect your information, we will address how your information may be disclosed and when we may disclose it as follows:
- When providing our service providers responsible for processing communications, marketing requests, technical support, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions with information they require to complete tasks that we have requested;
- With certain business partners from whom you have accepted to receive communication;
- With particular third party service providers that are required to perform certain requests by us, such as performing data analysis, maintenance assistance, customer service assistance, marketing or promotional assistance, and, in such a case, these service providers are mandated to comply with the same provisions as they are herein presented and are bound by the rules of confidentiality;
- We may also share this information with certain subsidiaries, affiliated companies or parent companies during our communication about content or other information that you have shared via the services;
- When required to do so for the purpose of complying with a subpoena, the request of a governmental agency or a law enforcement agency, during a criminal investigation, for the purpose of ensuring the safety or the legal rights of any person or those of Capitalberg;
- With promotional partners and other companies with whom we have marketing relationships;
- Whenever we are required to do so in order to conform with the prerequisites of a legal process;
- When required to do so in order to protect the property, the legal rights or the safety of other users or the Website;
- In the case of an emergency, when protecting the health and safety of Capitalberg or a user of the general public;
- In the case of a transfer of assets, as part of our business development process, we may be forced to sell or purchase assets. In the case that we are acquired in part or completely by another entity, or in the case of bankruptcy, we may be required to transfer our assets to the acquiring entity. We will take reasonable steps in order to ensure that your preferences are respected.
The Privacy of Children
Please note that the materials, features, programs and promotions, as well as any other aspect of the Services are not designed for the use of children. Additionally, any feature that would require a user to provide his or her personally identifiable information is not designed for children. We hereby confirm that we do not knowingly collect the information of children. If you are under the age of 13, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE. If you are the legal guardian of a child under the age of thirteen and believe that your child has shared his or her information, please contact us.
The Security of Your Data
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to ensure that your information is protected as best we can. Even so, the internet is not a 100% secure environment and we cannot offer any warranties or guarantees as to the absolute security of the data you provide. Therefore, please note that the information you transmit over the internet cannot be ensured. Moreover, please note that the information may also be accessed during the transmission from you to us.
Information about Third Party Content and Links
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Types of Tracking Software
We, as well as our affiliates, may employ certain tracking software, such as cookies or web beacons in order to collect information about you. This information allows us to continue improving your experience of our services.
Cookies, one of the most common forms of tracking technology, represent tiny text files that are stored on your computer via your internet browser. The cookie alone is not enough to identify you, however, when clicking on certain features such as “Remember me”, a cookie may be associated with additional information that may remember you.
Cookies aid us with a number of purposes, such as recognizing you when you access our services again, or help us guard certain information during successive visits to our website for your ease of use. Cookies also help us better understand how certain readers use our services and interact with the features of the website. You may choose to disable your browser’s acceptance of cookies by entering the browser’s settings menu and amending the portions pertaining to cookies. You may also choose to delete individual cookies from your computer, however be advised that certain functions will not function properly without cookies and your experience of the services may be limited.
In addition to cookies, we may also work with other tracking technologies, such as web beacons (or “pixels”) which are embedded into images or video files and gather certain information as to the user’s browsing history or demographic information. With the help of such information, certain statistical analyses may be conducted. Web beacons also assist Capitalberg in delivering cookies or counting the users that have visited certain pages.
Opt Out Choices
You may always refresh or amend the information that you have provided to us when registering by visiting your account information page and updating the information. When registering, you are also offered the option of indicating certain preferences regarding our communications to you. However, at this time, taking into account the lack of consensus regarding Do Not Track signals, our servers are not able to follow DNT signals.
Last Update 14.08.2015